This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

SSIS Catalog path

Jul 9, 2015 at 11:07 AM
Hi,

I have couple of basic questions :
  1. Do I have to set the "Repository" server, database values?
  2. Also what would be the path for SSIS Catalog packages?
I tried to analyse my SSIS packages in local path but unfortunately they use a password for encryption and its throwing error in output.

Please could you help me here?
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2015 at 9:21 AM
G'day,

Assumption:
Repository Server means the SSIS SQL Server where you have saved your SSIS packages.
  1. You can specify the SSIS SQL Server where your packages are located. It defaults to the local default instance. Unfortunately the GUI to execute doesn't support that parameter at this time.
/isDbServer:<string>   SQL Servers where SSIS packages are stored. Default value:'localhost' (short form /i)
/isDbUser:<string>     SQL Server user that has access to stored SSIS packages (short form /iu)
/isDbPwd:<string>      SQL Server password for getting access to stored SSIS packages (short form /ip)
  1. The SSIS Catalog doesn't support a path. The path is a location on the file system where you have saved your packages.
  2. As all the packages I have built are set to "DontSaveSensitive", I've never encountered the issue with password encrypted packages.
I'll copy this to some work items to address the following:

a. GUI doesn't support setting SSIS Catalog Servers
b. There is no support for encrypted packages.
Marked as answer by kmartin on 7/10/2015 at 1:21 AM
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2015 at 9:23 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2015 at 9:26 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.