This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.
2
Vote

Error analyzing SSIS 2012 packages with project connection managers

description

Hi there.

I tried out analyzing some SSIS packages and tables in my SQL Server 2012 test environment and ended up with the following error:

Error occurred: 'The connection "{B1505881-47D0-4DE3-9B2A-77F02CD58D9F}" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

I analyzed the packages using file folders, not SSIS folders (I did not find out the right syntax for analyzing my SSISDB-deployed projects yet, any advise here?) and the connection is a project connection manager. When I convert it to a package connection manager everything works fine.

Am I doing something wrong or are project connection managers not supported by now (or only from SSISDB)?

Best regards and thank you for this great tool!

Boris

file attachments

comments

kmartin wrote Jan 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM

At this stage SQL 2012 compliance is limited to SQL 2008 features...
As the project connection managers are new in SQL 2012 they are not yet supported.

wrote Feb 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM

wrote Jul 24, 2015 at 12:38 PM

fmoeller wrote Feb 1, 2016 at 6:25 PM

yes this would be a very welcome enhancement. I ran into this problem today.

fmoeller wrote Jul 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM

I upgraded to Alpha19 today. It seems to successfully access SSISDB. However, project connection managers do not work.

One gets the following error:
Loading SQL package 'xxx'... Error occurred: 'The connection "{54821CEC-6043-47D4-92A1-8A3F20F1DB56}" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.
'

WillSampson wrote Jan 11 at 10:20 PM

I am having identical issue.
The functionality of this application is amazing.
Pulled SQL, SSRS, and SSAS, this is the last piece for us to deliver dependency tracking for our analysts and users.
Hope this can be accomplished in next upgrade!
Thanks,

Bill

wrote Jan 20 at 10:22 PM

WillSampson wrote Jan 20 at 10:22 PM

For anyone that is interested, I built a workaround for this.
It is not elegant but it works.
Instead of grapping connection via SMO, I am catching branching the connectionmanager when it encounters a guid value.
I then shred the connection via an xml text reader to get the actual Conmgr file .
I then shred the .conmgr file and build a connection object by supplying it with the extracted values.

Basically just added this;
private ProjectConnectionData ProjectConnection(Package package, Guid ConnectionGuid)
and tweaked EnumerateSqlTask()