This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error: cannot insert duplicate key in ObjectDependencies

Jun 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Hi,

When using the Dependency Executor to analyse file-based SSIS-packages, the loading and analysis of the packages in itself goes well. However, when the tool tries to commit the analysis information to the database, this error occurs:

Committing analysis information to database...Unexpected error occurred: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_ObjectDependencies'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.ObjectDependencies'. The duplicate key value is (3, 3080, 3821, Map).The statement has been terminated.Stack Trace:   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBulkCopy.WriteToServerInternal()   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBulkCopy.WriteRowSourceToServer(Int32 columnCount)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBulkCopy.WriteToServer(DataTable table, DataRowState rowState)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBulkCopy.WriteToServer(DataTable table)   at Microsoft.Samples.DependencyAnalyzer.Repository.Commit()   at Microsoft.Samples.DependencyAnalyzer.Program.Commit(Repository repository)   at Microsoft.Samples.DependencyAnalyzer.Program.Main(String[] args)

It would be most helpful if i could get some pointers as to what is going on here, and how I can resolve it.

Thx,

Jeroen

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Jerooen,

There has been a couple of reports of this, which I haven't to date been able to replicate.

I am working on a new version, which has a different repository database, which should address these issues once and for all.

Sorry I don't have an immediate fix.

Keith.

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply; I'll check regularly for updated versions of the tool.

Jeroen