This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Dependency Viewer doesn't work

Feb 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Trying to analyze SSIS packages and it looks like that part is working okay.  The metadata tables are being populated but the Dependency Viewer doesn't display anything.  This is on SQL Server 2008 R2 on two different Windows 7 boxes and one Windows Server 2008 R2 standard virtual server.  All three are 64-bit machines.

Feb 14, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Just to elaborate, I don't get any kind of error message, I don't get anything.  If I click Display Results it brings me to the Viewer and I click Load.  It displays a list of runs, I select one and click OK and nothing happens.  If I run Dependency Viewer stand alone, it also displays the list of runs but when I select one and click OK I originally got the error "SSIS_Meta" database not found.  Since my database was called "BIMetadata" I'm not sure where that came from.  Just for grins, I tried renaming "BIMetadata" to "SSIS_Meta".  I don't get the database not found error but I don't get anything else either.

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM

G'day,

It appears that the RunSelection list box is not working as I desired.

Please ensure that the tick box is ticked, before pressing the OK button.  The tick box is on each row, on the left hand side.

It is possible to tick more than one row.

I'll make it more user friendly in the next release.

With regards the SSIS_Meta database, that's the default name that is used, if there aren't any command line settings to override it.  A legacy of the original authors that I haven't removed.  The name of the database can be entered in the Executor, or from the command line via the /d parameter.

Keith.

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Thanks, I finally figured that out. Great tool.

Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:49 AM
To: bfrasca@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Dependency Viewer doesn't work [SQLMetaData:312422]

G'day,

It appears that the RunSelection list box is not working as I desired.

Please ensure that the tick box is ticked, before pressing the OK button. The tick box is on each row, on the left hand side.

It is possible to tick more than one row.

I'll make it more user friendly in the next release.

With regards the SSIS_Meta database, that's the default name that is used, if there aren't any command line settings to override it. A legacy of the original authors that I haven't removed. The name of the database can be entered in the Executor, or from the command line via the /d parameter.

Keith.