This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

BIMetaDataRepository

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:11 AM

i didnot find BIMetaDataRepository database that is requried for deploying the reports. Where can i get it????

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Edited Jan 5, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Hazem20,

If you create an empty database, that you have database owner rights on, the tools will create the structure they need to store the data.

Alternatively, the scripts to create the database will be installed into C:\Program Files\SQLServerMetadataToolkit\SourceCode\SQL.

Jan 4, 2011 at 7:22 AM

KMartin,

Thank you for your attention,Unfortunately my technically (Programming) feedback is not enough but i think you mean SSIS_Meta database, i have actually done so but i found that the predefiened reprorts (dependecy analyzer.rdl , Impact analysis.rdl , Packages and dataflows.rdl and tabel level lineage.rdl) bind to database called "bimetadatarepository" which i didnot find. I tried to make it bind to SSIS_Meta database the field "sourcecomponentname" was not found in the data sets.

Thanks again for your attention and iam  waiting for your advice.

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Hazem20,

Hmmm..

I forgot that there were reports in the project.  They don't currently work, as they expect an older version of the schema.

If you want to update the reports yourself, sourcecomponentname is now called SourceObjectsName, but there is also a need to add RunKey into the join criteria.

I've converted this to a bug report. (SQL 2008 R2 is crashing when I attempt to render the reports so it may take a little while)...

Keith

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 8:19 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Hazem20,

If you go to the work item, you will find the updated RDL Files.  These should work with the new database structure.

http://sqlmetadata.codeplex.com/workitem/12790

Keith.

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:52 AM

KMartin,

i don't know how to thank you for your useful help, the reports get work.

Thank you and wait for my queries :)

Hazem Mohammad.